The ‘Spirit of Racing’ Cup is a fitting memorial to Mark Brehaut, whose dedication to racing and to helping those around him was an example to us all. Mark was a 2011 Committee Member and had great input into the direction of the Club. He was a true sportsman and loved the sport. His support of the Neurological Foundation of NZ and his encouragement of others was inspirational.
As Mark was always supportive of newcomers, encouraging them to improve and progress, it is appropriate that the ‘Spirit of Racing’ Cup was originally established for the Clubman’s class. The Committee will nominate candidates and in conjunction with Team Brehaut Racing, will select the recipient. In the event of insufficient candidates, the criteria may be expanded to include other classes.
The criteria for awarding the Cup is:
- Clubman’s class. (Note: In the event of insufficient candidates, this criteria may be expanded to include other classes).
- Attitude to racing and others
- Improved performance based on times
- Commitment to participate
- Rider to have been in Clubman’s for a minimum of three rounds, before moving up
- Each candidate will be reviewed on their own merit
The Cup will be presented by Team Brehaut Racing at the final Round.