BEARS Formula One
Purpose built race bikes and technically advanced production sport bikes. Four stroke 550cc – Open cc, two stroke 401CC – Open capacity, fuel, and tyres.
BEARS Formula One ‘B’
Purpose built race bikes and technically advanced production sport bikes. Twin cylinder up to 750cc. Three cylinder up to 675cc. Four cylinder up to 600cc. All machines allowed 4 valves per cylinder. Open fuel and tyres.
BEARS Formula Two
Purpose built race bikes of:
- Four stroke, 0 – 750cc multi. Max. 2 valves per cylinder, Pump fuel, Open tyres. 0 – Open cc single – Open fuel, Open tyres.
- Two stroke, 0-350cc multi. 0 – 600cc single – Pump fuel, Open tyres.
Production based bikes. Original engine chassis & suspension layout.
Modifications are permitted providing original concept and design are retained. E.g. a twin shock suspension may be altered to a box section swing arm but not changed to mono shock etc. Pump fuel only. DOT approved treaded tyres only. (tyres that are manufactured for road use in all weather conditions) When a race or practice has been declared “wet”, the use of a wet tyre is allowed. Note: Two classes run concurrently with separate points.
- 0 – 750cc fuel injection allowed if fitted as std equipment. Four stroke multi Max. 2 valves per cylinder. Single cylinder machines may have 4 valves per cylinder.
- 751 – Open cc fuel injection allowed if fitted as std equipment. Four stroke multi Max 2 valves per cylinder. Single and shaft drive machines may have 4 valves per cylinder but multi limited to 1000cc.
Open to any Harley Davidson, Buell or EBR. Frames must be of non-Asian design. Open Fuel, open tyres. Note: Two classes run concurrently with separate points. 2V (max 2 valves per cylinder), 4V (max 4 valves per cylinder).
Any tubular steel construction frame with non upside down forks, must have twin rear shock suspension, one mounted each side of rear swing arm. Shaft driven bikes with twin or single shock must have rear shock absorber mounted beside differential. Open tyres, open capacity engine, air cooled, open fuel, carburetted and non-belt driven valve gear.
Pre 1982 Sidecars with engines of British, European or American origin. No Major Asian components allowed. Open capacity and fuel. No slick tyres.
Note the following two classes to be run together with separate points: Open fuel, open tyres. No GP bikes.
- Four Stroke, 0-400cc singles & air-cooled multis.
- Two Stroke, 0 -350cc air cooled singles, 0 – 250cc air cooled Multi’s & water cooled singles, 0 – 125cc water cooled multi’s.
- Four Stroke, 401-600cc singles & air cooled multis.
- Two Stroke, 351 -400cc air cooled singles, 251 – 300cc Water cooled singles, 251 400cc air cooled multi’s, 126 -200cc water cooled multi’s.
Any bike manufactured in mainland Europe. (i.e. no British bikes) European engine & frame or frame of non Asian design. 401cc – Open water cooled 4 valves per cylinder twins. 601CC – open capacity all other machines. Open fuel, Open tyres.
Best of British
Open to any motorcycle manufactured in Britain. British engine and frame or frame of non Asian design. Open fuel, open tyres. Note: Four classes run concurrently with separate points.
- Hinckley Twins
BEARS Classics (Non Championship Class)
Non Asian design, pre 1972, no disc brakes, treaded tyres. Frame and suspension must resemble this era. Two classes run concurrently with separate points.
BEARS Novice (Non Champions class)
Eligibility of rider & machine subject to Clerk of Course or Race Committees’ approval. Non monetary prizes – Trophy only. Class run concurrently with BEARS lightweight class.